Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Protective Style Challenge


Okay, I am going to buckle down and do this challenge until October 22nd I will be wearing my hair in protective styles. I have experienced some breakage and it is due in part to too much manipulation. When I did notice that growth spurt and recieved compliments, I felt it necessary to flaunt my hair and this resulted in breakage in the front and throughout my crown area. So, for the next two months, I am going to buckle down and cater to my hair.

How to meet that goal:


NO HEAT
NO cutting (unless you have to eliminate single strand knots)
NO dry brushing/combing
Handle your hair with care
Wash when NECESSARY (I will be washing my hair in between protective styles, about once ever 2.5 weeks)
Deep conditioning 2x a month
Sealing moisture into the hair to eliminate breakage and dryness
Keeping ends tucked and in styles that are low maintenance
Taking vitamins and drinking ample amounts of water

No comments:

Post a Comment